This is your twenty-five year old mom. I don't know when I will meet you or
when I will give you this letter, but I want to talk about what kind of a
person I hope you turn out to be. Let me get one thing straight, I don't care
if you're a boy, girl, gay, straight, trans, democrat or a republican,
Christian or atheist. I care about the kind of person that you will turn out to
be. If I raise a respectful kid, I will be proud. I want you to form your own
opinions and beliefs and I will do my best to be a good example to you.
Here are some of the hopes I have for you/things I want for you.
you to be the kind of person that....
- Gives up their seat for older people.
- Holds doors open for people (even if you're a girl, it's a nice
thing to do).
- Calls people "ma'am" or "sir."
- Educates themselves before going out and voting. I won't care if you
have opposing political views from me. I just care that you look into all the facts from
all the parties and make your own educated opinion. I don't want you to vote for someone just because that's who I am voting for or because that's my political party of choice and you grew up knowing that.
- Stands up for what they believe and also stands up for others.
- Goes after their dreams.
- Always tries their best.
- Gives things a chance.
- Respects their elders.
- Questions everything.
- Does what they want to do regardless of other people's opinions as long
isn’t harmful to others.
- Has good table manners.
- Is Cultured.
- Is respectful of other people’s beliefs and opinions.
- Is open-minded.
- Knows that a person's worth is not
defined by their salary, house, job, other people’s opinions of you.
- Is proud of their culture.
- Doesn't let people disrespect them.
- Knows the Importance of Family.
I have a lot of time before I will meet you or give this to you, so I will
probably update this as time goes on. I look forward to meeting you in the distant future and seeing what kind of a person you turn out to be. I am sure I will love you no matter what.
Yo Crazy Mama from 2016 <3 <3 <3