1. Follow your gut. It's almost always right. If you get bad vibes from someone when you meet them, you're probably right about them.
2. Getting a good night's rest is better than being social sometimes.
3. Home cooked meals are better than restaurant meals.
Going out to eat is nice and fun, but sometimes it gets old.
4. Some people don't deserve second chances.
5. Say "No"
6. Being alone for a while after a relationship can really help you.
There's no need to rush into another relationship after a breakup.
7. Take a risk or you'll regret not acting on it.
My senior year of college, I did something kinda silly, but I don't regret it at all. I am really shy when I like a guy. My last week of college, I had the choice of going on an audition to be on my favorite show or to see this cute guy that rode the same subway with me from school for the last time and to make a move. I had to go with the audition, but I made my friend give him a note that said... "Hey, I haven't met you. And this is crazy, but here's my number, so call me maybe." Guess what? He called. The date sucked and there was no second date, but now I don't have to sit here and wonder what could have been.
8. Spending money on vacations or excursions to make experiences is better than having lots of material things.
9. Family is everything.
My family has always come first to me, but as I get older I appreciate the ones who have been there for me even more and you realize how important spending time with them is.
10. Wear sunscreen
I've never been much of a tanner. I never got spray tans or went to tanning beds, but that doesn't mean I am safe. It's important to wear sunscreen even if you don't spend that much time out in the sun. I had to get a spot from my back removed. Luckily we found it before it turned into anything serious.
11. Tell your grandparents you love them. Call them as often as you can.
12. Mom is almost always right!!
13. Being honest with people and yourself will make you feel so much better.
People may not always like what they hear or what you have to say, but you have to stay true to yourself and be honest with people. It will help you and them in the long run.
14. You gotta take care of yourself.
I had a diabetes scare a few years ago. My toes felt numb for a week and I was terrified that I would get diagnosed with diabetes. It made me change my eating habits, my exercise routine and my mentality. It's important to eat healthy and to exercise. Not to look good, but to feel good and to live a long life.
15. You will lose touch with a lot of people/lose friendships.
Some people won't understand your busy schedule. Sometimes you just don't mesh with people anymore. Sometimes you simply just lose touch and don't communicate anymore
16. Age is just a number.
I certainly don't feel like a 24 year old. There are people that are older than me that are more immature than I am and there are people younger than me that are more mature than I am. Age doesn't matter. Everyone has their own story and grows differently. Don't judge a person based on their age.
17. Regular checkups at the doctor/dermatologist are important.
18. Everyone has their own timeline.
Don't compare your life to other people's lives. People will experience things at different times in their lives and that doesn't mean it won't happen for you or that you have to accomplish something by a certain time in your life. I am in no rush to get married or settle down. I still have many things I'd like to before I take a big step like that.
19. A film degree doesn't really help you get work.
It's all about who you know and your reputation to get a job in production. Do I regret spending all that money on college? No. I met some amazing people in college and had some amazing professors. I don't regret spending the money, but it's still hurting my wallet.
20. Being single is awesome.
In high school, I was a little bummed to not have dates to the school dance or to not have a boyfriend. Now I could care less, I don't need a relationship to be happy. Happiness comes from within. You have to love yourself before you can love someone else. I am not saying I don't want to date. I just don't need to be in a relationship to be happy.
21. Be nice, but not too nice.
22. It's important to make time for yourself.
23. You have the power to make your dreams come true.
14 months ago, I was a terrified, soon to be college graduate that had no job lined up. I never though I would actually get to work on a feature film. I thought I would mostly find work on indies or that I would have to find a job having nothing to do with film. 14 months later I have had the honor of working as a crew member on two feature films and on one awesome TV show. You have the power to make your dreams come true if you try really hard and put your mind to it and never give up!
24. Your opinion of yourself is the only one that matters.
Someone is always going to have something to say on the decisions you make, the people you date, the people you like, what you wear, what you think/say etc. The only person's opinion you should really care about is your own. Do what makes you happy. You only live once. It's not their life to live.