Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Thoughts….

This past weekend was a sad weekend for a lot of people and for my community. First of all, it was the first anniversary of the Sandy Hook tragedy. I didn't know any of the families whose kids were killed, but as a former nanny and someone who adores children, my heart was so sad for them. I sat glued to the television for three days last year trying to comprehend the terrible tragedy that occured. I found myself crying a lot this weekend for these families and these kids that would never get to grow up. In addition to the Sandy Hook anniversary, something tragic happened in my community... the son of an acquaintance committed suicide. He was only fourteen years old.  I know the mother of the young man and she is such a nice lady and didn't deserve this at all, nobody does. All of these deaths have gotten me thinking about how much we take for granted, the dumb things we stress about, and all of the complaining that we do. My mom and sister are the only family I have here in Atlanta.  They drive me crazy and we argue over some of the dumbest things, but lately I've tried to not get annoyed over small, stupid things. What if my mom or sister got taken away from me? How would I feel if the last moments we spent together were arguing over dumb things? I would never forgive myself if anything happened to them. They are the most important people in my life. I hear people complain about their parents, but they just need to stop and think of everything that they do for them. They may annoy the hell out of you, but usually it's for your own good. I've personally lost a father and I cringe whenever someone complains about their father, because I'd give one of my lungs away to have my dad here today. I'll probably add more to this blog later, but my point is we need to appreciate our loved ones and stop bitching about them because they may be gone at the blink of an eye and the things that we usually argue about really aren't worth arguing about.



No comments:

Post a Comment