Tuesday, August 9, 2016

A Letter To My Future Kid

Hi There,

This is your twenty-five year old mom. I don't know when I will meet you or when I will give you this letter, but I want to talk about what kind of a person I hope you turn out to be. Let me get one thing straight, I don't care if you're a boy, girl, gay, straight, trans, democrat or a republican, Christian or atheist. I care about the kind of person that you will turn out to be. If I raise a respectful kid, I will be proud. I want you to form your own opinions and beliefs and I will do my best to be a good example to you.  Here are some of the hopes I have for you/things I want for you.

 I want you to be the kind of person that....
- Gives up their seat for older people.
-  Holds doors open for people (even if you're a girl, it's a nice thing to do).
-  Calls people "ma'am" or "sir."
-  Educates themselves before going out and voting. I won't care if you have opposing political views from me. I just care that you look into all the facts from all the parties and make your own educated opinion. I don't want you to vote for someone just because that's who I am voting for or because that's my political party of choice and you grew up knowing that.
-  Stands up for what they believe and also stands up for others.
-  Goes after their dreams.
-  Always tries their best.
- Gives things a chance.
- Respects their elders.
- Questions everything.
- Does what they want to do regardless of other people's opinions as long isn’t harmful to others.
- Has good table manners.
- Is Cultured.
- Is respectful of other people’s beliefs and opinions.
- Is open-minded. 
-  Knows that a person's worth is not defined by their salary, house, job, other people’s opinions of you.
- Is proud of their culture.
- Doesn't let people disrespect them.
- Knows the Importance of Family.

  I have a lot of time before I will meet you or give this to you, so I will probably update this as time goes on. I look forward to meeting you in the distant future and seeing what kind of a person you turn out to be. I am sure I will love you no matter what.

Love,
Yo Crazy Mama from 2016 <3 <3 <3


No comments:

Post a Comment