Tuesday, September 6, 2016

25 Things About Me

1.  I've never smoked anything in my life.

2.  I am an outgoing introvert.
     I like to socialize but I also like to be alone. I don't need/want to hang out with people every single day. If I hang out with people a few days in a row, I need alone time afterwards. If I think you are clingy, I will distance myself from you.

3.  I am not a texting/phone person.
     I rarely ever text or call anyone. Don't take it personally if I barely speak to you on the phone or text you. I rather hang out/catch up in person than talk over the phone. I like low maintenance friends who you don't have to talk to or see all the time and when you meet up it's all love.

4.  I love to sing.
     I used to be a decent singer, but my voice changed and I'm not as good anymore. That doesn't stop me from singing in the shower, performing at karaoke bars, and singing in the car. 

5.  Horror and drama are my favorite movie genres. Zombie movies are my absolute favorites.
     My mom took my friend Marcela and I to go see the Dawn of the Dead remake when I was thirteen and I've been hooked ever since. 

6.  Chicken Pho is my favorite meal.

7.  I'm a morning person.

8.  I don't drink too often.
     I don't really order alcohol when I go out to eat and I don't really buy alcohol unless we are celebrating a holiday, birthday, engagement, wrap parties, etc. I guess we can say I drink socially, but I don't drink if I don't want to. I'd also rather spend my money on food than on alcohol.

9.  I hate shopping.
     I like to get new clothes, but I hate the whole process of going to the store, trying clothes on, etc.  I can't shop for clothes online because most of the time the things that I order do not fit me.
  
10.  I am obsessed with watching sunrises and sunsets. 

11.  I am an optimist.

12.  I show up extremely early to everything except for parties.
     I show up forty five minutes to an hour early to work, if I'm hanging out with someone, I'm usually ten to fifteen minutes early and I just chill in my car and wait. I show up thirty minutes early to the movies. My best friend Kimberly is one of the few people that beats me every time. I love her for it.

13. I hate waiting on people.
     If I make the effort to show up somewhere on time, please do the same. It's not hard to set an alarm and leave early if you know there will be traffic etc. If I am having lunch or dinner with someone, I plan my breakfast and snacks around it, don't make me wait to eat. I also hate waiting for people to RSVP to things or plan activities.

14.  I have an eating schedule. 
      I'm starting to look a bit neurotic. Haha. By schedule, I mean I like to eat breakfast between 7:30-9:30, lunch between 11:30- 2:30 and dinner between 5-7:30. That schedule changes when I'm on set, but if it's the weekend or my day off, I prefer to eat at these hours. It's recommended that you eat your last meal no later than three hours before you go to sleep.

15. I could live a happy life as a single lady.
     I always wanted to get married when I was a little girl, but now I'm perfectly okay with the fact that I may never get married. It's not that I don't think I'll meet somebody, but marriage is just not a priority or necessity for me. There's nothing wrong if that's one of your ultimate goals in life, but my goals have changed. I have a lot of strong role models in my life who never got married or are divorced and happy and I know I can be happy without a husband. With that being said, I hate being asked if I'm seeing anybody or if I am interested in anyone. It's nobody's business but my own. I will say that I've always wanted to be a mom one day. Marriage is not a necessity, but kids are. I am not afraid to adopt and raise kids on my own. I will be a great mom or foster mom one day.

16. I am not interested in American football.
     I've gone to a falcons game and to some bulldog games and I had a great time, but it's not something I am interested in watching on television every weekend.  I just can't get into it. If I had to pick a favorite team, it would have to be the bulldogs because my sister goes to UGA. I also own a few bulldog shirts because I think they are cute and I love to wear red. 

17.  I love the beach and mountains equally. 

18.  I am deathly afraid of Tsunamis
  After the Boxing Day Tsunami, I've had this terrible fear of tsunamis. I know that the chance of me ever experiencing one is slim, but I think about them constantly. Whenever there's an earthquake or landslide near the ocean, I check out the tsunami warning website to see if there is a chance of one occurring anywhere. 

19.  I don't go to church.
     I don't believe that going to church every Sunday makes somebody a better person. I don't believe that your religion makes you a better person. I believe that our words, actions, and how we treat other people is what matters.

20.  My mom is my hero and my favorite person ever. 

21.  The Secret Scripture by Sebastian Barry is my favorite book.

22.  I am really good at quoting movies. 

23.  I don't like being photographed.
      I don't like being in front of a regular camera, but I enjoy acting in front of a video camera. I think I look better in selfies than regular photos.

24.  I speak pretty good French.
     I have Mademoiselle Steinhauer and Madame Girard to thank for that. Best French teachers ever!!!  Merci! Je vous aime.

25. I believe there's a solution to most of the things we complain about.
 For the love of God, let's stop complaining so much.  We can fix most of the things we complain about.

-Unhappy with your weight? 
If you're underweight, go see a nutritionist or a doctor to see healthy ways to gain weight. Overweight? Watch your portions, exercise, also go see a doctor about a healthy diet. This does not apply to people who are sick and cannot control their weight due to medicine, treatments, injuries or disabilities.

- Hate your job? 
Find a new job and quit your other one. 

-Too Tired? 
Don't stay out so late partying if you know you're going to work the next day.

 -Unhappy in a relationship? 
Breakup or try to fix the problem. 

- Too hot/cold?  
Layer down or layer up. Drink some water. If you know you are gonna be outside in the heat, hydrate a day in advance. 

- You're Broke
Watch what you spend your money on. Get a second or a third job. Save your money instead of wasting it on things you don't need. 



 



No comments:

Post a Comment