Sunday, October 20, 2013

Senioritis

I've reached that point where I am just so over school and I've started to care less about my studies and I'm lacking motivation. I've been on the Dean's list for the past year so I haven't literally stopped doing my work, I'm still doing a good job, I've just stopped caring. Sometimes I really wish I had not gone to college. I will have loans to pay off after I graduate. Whenever I go to work as an extra, the crew members of films/ TV shows tell me that they did not go to college. I know that college is not a waste of time, but I am just so overwhelmed with the work load that I have been given this semester. My school schedule has been so crazy that I had to quit my nanny job. I am jobless and I feel like a bum. I've worked ever since I was 17 or 18 and I hate not having a job. I still babysit on the side and do some film/ tv extra work on Fridays if my school workload allows it, but I also don't want to get a weekend job because I also use that time to do my school work. Some people ask "Why don't you do PA work?" I'd love to. Trust me, that's my goal after college to start off as a PA then work my way up, but if you want to get good grades and graduate you can't really be a PA (requires 10- 20 hour work days) and I'm in school four days a week.  I'm sorry, I just had to vent. I really hate school right now. I was excited to take a production class where we pitch movie ideas, write scripts, cast people, shoot, and edit, but this class has turned out to be a disappointment. They've given us strict guidelines that are movies have to follow. You can't really make a movie that you want to do when you're given so many rules. Aside from that I have twenty page research papers that I have to do this semester. I could go on and on and complain more, but I'll just stop the complaining right here. There is a light at the end of the tunnel, it's called Christmas break. I can't wait to be done with this God- awful semester and I cannot wait to graduate in May.


No comments:

Post a Comment