This is just a generalization of a few things people have said to me in my time as a single girl.
Good for you. LOL. It's rude and stupid to say that to a single person. I don't need a boyfriend to be happy and you're sort of saying that I do. Congratulations on having a boyfriend/ girlfriend, but there's no need to compete or compare yourself to a single person.
2. You're too picky.
- Bitch, I'm not picky. I just know what I want. After ending a relationship, it's okay to be a single for a while. I'm not picky, but if I'm not interested in a guy, I'm not going to give him false hope and hang out with him to lead him on.
3. I can set you up with someone...
- I'm 22 (turning 23) in two days. I'm not an old maid. I don't want or need to be set up with anyone. Just because I'm single it doesn't mean I will never find love. When people suggest setting me up with someone it's insulting.
4. Can I bring my boyfriend/gf?
- Ugh, don't get me wrong I love my friends boyfriends/ girlfriends, but sometimes I'd like to hang out with just them for an hour. Sometimes I'll get a pass to a movie screening and I'll invite a friend and they will ask if they can bring their bf/gf too.
5. Awww, I'm sorry you're single.
- Don't be. Being single is not a cancer diagnosis. I personally love being single. I have been single the past two years and honestly, it's been the happiest time of my life. I would like to find love, but I'm in no rush and I'm living my life to the fullest. It'll happen when it's meant to be.